A History of Fostering Successful Learners
Four decades and hundreds of successful alumni are the Orinda Academy Legacy.
In the beautiful hills of the East Bay, Orinda Academy is an award-winning, accredited, independent school dedicated to creating a personalized learning environment for students.
Founded in 1982, OA was named Best Alternative Learning High School and Best Independent High School from Parents’ Press Best of the East Bay.
An independent school that supports you!
- Founded in 1982
- Independent Co-ed high school
- Core class sizes range from 8-12 students
- Our students are from all over the Bay Area
- We offer a wide range of activities and clubs
- View our courses on the Academics page
- Student faculty ratio of 5:1
- Graduation requirements meet or exceed University of California and California State "a-g" standards
- Approximately 95% of graduates continue their education in a college or university
- Orinda Academy is 'BARTable'. We are located walking distance from the Orinda BART station
Because of Orinda Academy I have a lot of new friends. I'm happy and the experiences I gained will help me throughout life."
Alejandro Ochoa, Class of 2017