Fostering Successful Learners
Four decades and hundreds of successful alumni are the Orinda Academy Legacy.
In the beautiful hills of the East Bay, Orinda Academy is an award-winning, accredited, independent school dedicated to creating a personalized learning environment for students.
Founded in 1980, OA was named Best Alternative Learning High School and Best Independent High School from Parents’ Press Best of the East Bay.
An independent school that supports you
- Founded in 1980
- Independent Co-ed high school
- Class sizes range from 5-18 students
- Our students are from all over the East Bay
- We offer a wide range of activities and clubs
- View our courses on the Academics page
- Student faculty ratio of 7:1
- Graduation requirements meet of exceeds University of California and California State "a-g" standards
- Grades for standard courses are given on an A-F 4.0 scale; Honors and AP on a 5.0 scale. GPA is calculated based on academic courses only.
- Approximately 95% of graduates continue their education in a college or university
Because of Orinda Academy I have a lot of new friends. I'm happy and the experiences I gained will help me throughout life."
Alejandro Ochoa, Class of 2017