Academics at Orinda Academy
We provide students of all learning profiles with a challenging education that prepares them for higher education and fulfilling careers.
See how we do school differently
The Orinda Academy team is dedicated to creating a nurturing learning environment; we hold office hours and are available for questions and mentoring. Administrators have an open-door policy.
Supports are in place from day one to help you to connect with classmates, find your way around, and adapt to a new learning environment. Upper-grade student ambassadors are on hand to guide you.
From our UC compliant graduation requirements to numerous honors and AP classes, your time at OA will prepare you for college and life beyond.
Students learn in many different ways. We accommodate mild to moderate learning differences and work hard to make sure no one slips through the cracks.
Orinda Academy uses RenWeb to track assignments, attendance, and report grades; parents and students can log in and get up-to-date reports on academic progress. Teachers are available via email, during office hours, and by appointment for questions about homework.
Located near a BART station, students from across the Bay Area have easy access to Orinda Academy. Our OA parent group also facilitates carpooling for families preferring to drop off and pick up in person.
Academic Supports for Your Learning Differences & Learning Style
OA embraces all kinds of learners and empowers students to take charge of their education.
- Learning plans tailored to each student are available to all teachers
- Daily, personalized reminder email to parents and students about missing assignments
- Supervised study hall period for 9th and 10th graders
- Academic Watch: added oversight for students who need more academic support and supervision to be successful
- Onsite Learning Specialist
- Required 9th grade study skills class
- Coaching in self-advocacy
- Weekly small-group advisory meetings for check-ins, organization, and reminders
- Onsite counselors from Coyote Coast Youth and Family Counseling
- Student Support Team meets weekly to address students’ social-emotional needs
- Personalized college and career counseling for each student’s next steps after graduation
"The one-on-one relationship with my teachers helped me hone my skills and build strategies that fit my learning style."
Dylan Seidler, Class of 2016
What does it take to graduate?
At Orinda Academy we strive for excellence in all areas of education and help students meet their goals for development. For a list of graduation requirements, available courses, special programs, and accreditations, download the Orinda Academy brochure.
Join us and love school, love learning, and love being you.
Orinda Academy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Federal Tax ID 94-2692929
Our bright and creative students thrive in our nurturing, small class environment. Through a combination of academic support, executive functioning skill development, and social/emotional balance, every student reaches their full potential.
Orinda Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender identification, sexual identification, or family composition in the administration of its policies, procedures, or admissions process.