Academic Supports for Your Learning Differences & Learning Style
OA embraces all kinds of learners and empowers students to take charge of their education.
Our bright and creative students thrive in our nurturing, small class environments. Through a combination of academic support, executive functioning skill development, and social/emotional balance, every student reaches their full potential.
- Learning plans tailored to each student are available to all teachers
- Daily, personalized reminder email to parents and students about missing assignments
- Supervised study hall period for 9th and 10th graders
- Academic Watch: added oversight for students who need more academic support and supervision to be successful
- Onsite Learning Specialist
- Required 9th grade study skills class
- Coaching in self-advocacy
- Weekly small-group advisory meetings for check-ins, organization, and reminders
- Onsite counselors from Coyote Coast Youth and Family Counseling
- Student Support Team meets weekly to address students’ social-emotional needs
- Personalized college and career counseling for each student’s next steps after graduation